Help grow the PE specialists of the future
We are looking for schools, sports clubs or related companies to be part of our PE Apprenticeship programme. By supporting a PE Apprentice, you can kickstart their career, provide your staff with more support and help children get active.
Your apprentice will be on site a minimum of 4 days a week, supporting face-to-face delivery, whilst they train for either their Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standard, Level 3 Teaching Assistant through PE Apprenticeship Standard or Level 3 Event Assistant Standard.
Have you seen the latest government incentives for employers of new apprentices? You could be eligible for up to £4,000 contribution towards their wages! A PE Apprentice can be a great addition to your team. They are often a fantastic role model for children and young people.
School based Apprentices, when not assisting in PE lessons, can also support classroom learning. They can help with preparing teams for events and competitions, assist with administration around PE and school sport and provide additional input for those children who need it most, facilitating active breaktimes and increasing the opportunities for your children to participate in sport and physical activity.
Club based Apprentices can support all aspects of coaching and delivery and with setting up and delivering events.
Get in touch to find out how a PE Apprentice can join your staff team.
Inspire your participants with positive role models
Increase your capacity to deliver
Raise the profile of PE, Sport and Physical Activity
Increase participation in activity
Increase learning and engagement in sessions
Become a PE Apprentice
If you love sport and are looking for a rewarding career where you can help to inspire the next generation then apply to join our PE Apprenticeship program.
As a PE Apprentice you will earn while you learn and get direct coaching and teaching experience. You will support PE lessons, extra-curricular clubs, health and physical activity interventions – helping children to be more active, more often.
You will have a direct impact on the children you work with, enhancing their experience of PE and physical activity and making a real difference to their lives.
As well as being a member of a team, you will have dedicated training days as you work towards nationally accredited Apprenticeship Standards. Programmes last 13-18 months. You need to be aged 16 or over, have a strong work ethic, enjoy sport and physical activity and be passionate about working with children and young people.
- Thornaby C of E Primary School, Stockton on Tees – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- Vane Road Primary, Newton Aycliffe – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- Woodham Burn Primary, Newton Aycliffe – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- Firthmoor Primary School, Darlington – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- Sedgefield Primary School, County Durham – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- Chilton Academy, County Durham – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- Broom Cottages Primary School, Ferryhill – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- Myton Primary School, Stockton on Tees – Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprentice
- In host school 4 days per week
- At college 1 day per week
- Supporting PE
- throughout the school day
- Support lunchtime and afterschool clubs
- Support in preparing teams for festivals
- Support within other curriculum areas in the classroom
- Support with administration of PE and
- School Sport
- Taking small cohorts of groups for activities
- Run sports, health and well-being projects within work setting
- Passion for sport
- Experience of Sport Leadership
- Keen to learn
- Enjoys working with children
- Experience of supporting local community club
- Pass at GCSE Maths and English
- Wages are dependent upon age and previous qualifications but are in line with National Apprenticeship wages
- 15 – 18 months starting September 2022
- Level 3 TA Standard through PE
- Further Education
- Higher Education
- More equipped for employment